Are you a savvy digital marketer with a knack for creative design? Would you love to work in a fast-paced, tech-driven, highly-creative agency environment, working with both the paid media and creative teams? Then, this position may have your name written all over it!
mdg, A Freeman Company is a marketing and professional services agency with head, heart and a passion for what we do — delivering measurable results for association and event clients in diverse categories like education, healthcare, technology, energy, cupcakes, cheese curls and craft beer (we’ll explain those last three later). With a 44-year track record of success, mdg was named a “Best Place to Work” by Meetings & Conventions magazine. We’re now seeking a full-time, digital media design manager to join the collaborative marketing team in Washington, DC.
- Serve as a strategic creative advisor to members of the digital media team, account service teams, and clients in establishing priorities, achieving business goals, and implementing best-in-class digital creative executions.
- Develop comprehensive display and social creative testing plans and establish success perimeters for each.
- Collaborate with colleagues to strategize, propose, and implement digital design best practices within each platform based on campaign type/goal.
- Report on digital design performance metrics platform and agency-wide, and prepare engagement benchmarks specific to creative type.
- Serve as the agency’s digital media performance subject matter expert and working with platform vendors on new developments as required.
- Works closely with design team members to ensure quality control and adherence to the “client style guide”.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including Creative and Content teams to enhance digital media campaign effectiveness.
- Provide regular feedback on performance metrics that may also inform future design and best practices on improved conversions.
- Assist in driving the content strategy with account services team, by recommending high-quality, and high-touch messaging, in alignment with each client’s unique campaign goals.
- Produce display and social creative variations (within existing style guide) for testing/execution via Canva or Adobe product suites.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in digital marketing is required.
- Agency experience is strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Abobe Photoshop/Illustrator and/or Canva is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in digital marketing, marketing, communications, or a related field) is strongly preferred.
At mdg, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our clients and our communities can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
mdg offers a competitive benefits package including medical, 401k, and profit sharing contributions.