Does the idea of working in a fast-paced agency environment excite you? Are you the type who can write creatively for a food & beverage client in the morning and then switch gears and wear a technical writing cap in the afternoon? If so, this position may have your name written all over it!
mdg, a Freeman Company, is a marketing and professional services agency with head, heart and a passion for what we do - delivering measurable results for association and event clients in diverse categories like education, healthcare, technology, energy, cupcakes, cheese curls and craft beer (we’ll explain those last three later). With a 44-year track record of success, mdg was named a “Best Place to Work” by Meetings & Conventions magazine. We’re now seeking an in-house copywriter to join our collaborative marketing team.
· Write clear, concise and strategic copy (including emails, websites, digital ads, press releases, promotions, direct mail pieces and other marketing materials) that drive business results, support key marketing initiatives and inspire action
· Write industry-centric copy that uses the appropriate voice for a particular industry/client
· Use creative briefs and project tasks to translate concepts into effective, compelling messaging planks and other deliverables, including emails, landing pages, digital ads, direct mail, print ads and brochures
· Continually ascertain workflow efficiency to ensure accurate completion of projects according to deadlines
· Edit as needed, checking for formatting, grammar, punctuation and spelling
· 5+ years of marketing copywriting experience (preferably in an agency setting and/or for B2B communications)
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent (in advertising, marketing, journalism, PR, communications, English or related field preferred)
· Excellent copywriting and copyediting skills with a keen sense of detail
· Ability to work collaboratively as a member of an internal creative team and as a resource for different marketing teams
· Familiarity with various copy style guides; knowledge of AP Style preferred
At mdg, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our clients and our communities can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
mdg also offers a competitive benefits package including medical, 401k, and profit sharing contributions.
Your application was submitted successfully.